Group Compliance enables Standard Bank Group to comply with regulatory and compliance requirements. We manage compliance risk, enhance the sustainability of the Standard Bank Group as an ethical and trusted brand, and uphold the integrity of our compliance relationships with regulators.
We offer clients a seamless experience that translates into fairness and trust in our ability to create, grow and protect their wealth. We provide business with client-centric, proactive and pragmatic solutions. We advise, train, monitor and report to support business to do the right business the right way. We protect our licence to operate with regulatory authorities and use our knowledge of the regulatory environment and our business, to ensure awareness of our regulatory obligations.
Meeting compliance obligations is a complex challenge, with continuously evolving regulatory requirements. Our team is trusted to steer business through this complexity by anticipating and planning for this ever-changing landscape. The Business Compliance Officers proactively provide innovative, relevant and pragmatic solutions to ensure that a specific business unit or the Group at large understands and complies with the applicable legislation and regulation.
We pride ourselves on creating tailormade compliance solutions that enable business to embed compliance as an integral element of the client experience.
Compliance Risk Management has six teams with specific focus areas:
- Compliance Capability Build ensures that we meet regulatory training requirements and equip Group employees to appreciate both the letter and the spirit of the law.
- Compliance Monitoring provides independent assurance that management complies with regulatory requirements applicable to the Group.
- Compliance Operations provides support and guidance to ensure an efficient, cost-effective service offering.
- Safety, Health and Environmental Risk provides for the health and safety of individuals at work and ensures we meet our OHS responsibilities in our interactions with other stakeholders. It further provides oversight of the Group’s exposure to direct environmental risk, which is the direct impact on the environment through running our business, which includes energy consumption, water and paper use, waste management, air quality and carbon footprint. (Indirect environmental risk is the exposure through our lending practices.)
- Compliance Reporting supports the Group Chief Compliance Officer in reporting the status of Compliance Risk Management in the Group to the Group Board and its sub-committees, management committees and regulators.
- Programme Management Office partners with Business Compliance and Group Engineering to provide programme management guidance and direct support for regulatory projects and programmes with the aim to leverage, among others, technology and data to support our compliance risk mandate.
Exchange Control policies aim to prevent the loss of foreign currency resources through the cross-border transfer of real or financial capital assets. Our team provides exchange control advisory, reporting, assurance and support services for the Group's areas impacted by exchange control regulations.
Group Anti-Financial Crime (GAFC) applies and embeds sound anti-financial crime policies and standards across the Group through two highly skilled teams:
- Group Financial Crime Compliance (GFCC) manages and mitigates financial crime risk across eight focus areas:
- Group Sanctions Desk is focused on advisory and reporting, governance and controls testing, operational risks resolution and technology advisory in respect of counter terrorist financing and counter proliferation financing.
- Financial Crime Compliance Officers are accountable for Anti-Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) across the business lines.
- Anti-Money Laundering Risk Advisory and Oversight is responsible for developing and maintaining a robust risk management and compliance programme that ensures effective risk management.
- Digital Innovation manages the integration, research and provision of risk-based guidance for financial crime management of aspects relevant to digitisation, innovation, ecosystems, platforms and partnerships.
- Subject Matter Expert Advisory manages and delivers a dedicated area of specialisation to ensure the Group's adherence to relevant laws and regulations across all countries and jurisdictions where we conduct business, or have business relationships, to protect and enhance our reputation and competitive advantage.
- Corporate Offences Advisory is responsible for the development of procedures to prevent persons associated with the Group from offering or providing bribes on behalf of the Group, and from facilitating the evasion of tax while acting for or on behalf of the Group.
- Conformance Testing conducts adequacy and effectiveness testing of AML/CFT controls as part of the GFCC oversight and monitoring duties.
- Financial Crime Management Unit carries the operational execution mandate for the GFCC through the following teams:
- Money Laundering Transaction Monitoring reports suspicious and unusual transactions to the Financial Intelligence Centre.
- Operational Risk Resolution conducts sanctions screening alert management.
- Regulatory Instructions Management responds to subpoenas, court orders and other regulatory instructions served on the Bank.
- Strategic Analysis creates and disseminates intelligence related to money laundering and terrorist financing across Standard Bank Group.
- Group Investigations and Fraud Risk (GIFR) provides Group-wide fraud risk and independent investigation capabilities across all fraud risk types. Our aim is to minimise the overall impact of fraud and provide a seamless client experience by performing independent internal and external investigations and supporting business with actionable fraud intelligence that can be translated into control improvements. GIFR manages and mitigates fraud risk across four focus areas:
- Group Investigations is focused on complex internal and external investigations and digital forensic services.
- Fraud Risk Advisory is focused on advisory, emerging fraud threats, control testing and technology advisory.
- Governance and Standards is responsible for reporting, internal training and awareness, assurance, policies and standards.
- Intelligence Fusion Centre is an effective and efficient mechanism to exchange information and intelligence, maximise resources, identify possible sources of evidence, streamline operations and improve the ability to fight crime by merging data from a variety of sources internal and external to the Group.
Personal employee benefits designed with you in mindWhen you join us, you’ll enjoy benefits designed to help you achieve your ambitions inside work and out, both now and in the future. The exact benefits you receive will depend on the country you join us in, but can include the following:
We don’t always know where life will take us, so we’ve put together a range of benefits tailored specifically to help you take care of yourself and those you love.
- Wellness programmes
- Counselling and advisory services
- Life, personal accident, incapacity and funeral cover
- Permanent Health Insurance (PHI) cover
- Discounted rates for voluntary benefits such as spouse life cover, dread disease cover, funeral cover for parents and/or parents-in-law and medical aid gap cover
We all have dreams and goals in life – so we have several ways to help make them more accessible to you, with significant savings.
- Retirement funding
- Discounted banking products
- Transactional and investment banking products
- Home loans and vehicle finance at preferential rates
- Access to credit
- Assistance with insurance and wills
- Online share trading
We believe in recognising the hard work and positive approach of our people – so we have three formal recognition programmes.
- Beyond Excellence
- Mark of Excellence
- Long service awards
Your life outside work is important, so we have a leave structure which gives you plenty of time to relax, thrive and be the best you. The exact leave benefits you receive will depend on the country you join us in, but can include the following:
- Vacation leave
- Additional vacation leave
- Study leave
- Parental leave
- Compassionate/family responsibility leave
- Special discretionary leave
- Sabbatical leave
- Sick leave
- Short-term incapacity leave
- Recognition leave
- Optional unpaid leave
We believe in making dreams possible and connecting the brightest talent to the meaningful opportunities they need to build their skills, ignite their ambitions, and get closer to their purpose.
You’ll discover amazing career opportunities on our website. So, start exploring. You can create a profile or log in with your existing details if you’ve already got one. There, you can complete the online application form and submit it, with the supporting documents we’ve requested.
- Shortlist: Our Talent Acquisition Specialist and relevant Hiring Manager review all applications and make a shortlist of the most suitable candidates.
- Competency- based interview: If you’re shortlisted, we’ll invite you to take part in a competency-based interview.
- Assessments: If you’re successful in with the interview, you’ll move on to the assessments. Depending on the role you’re applying for, you might be asked to undertake a case-study exercise, technical test, and psychometric assessment, as well as any other role-specific assessment.
- Panel- interview: Then you’ll proceed to final interview stage, where you’ll meet an interview panel and get to ask further questions.
If you have been successful in the selection process, our Talent Acquisition team will get in touch to get your consent for our pre-employment screening which includes the following:
- Identity and educational qualification verification
- Credit record and criminal record
- Outside Business Interest Declaration and Personnel Account Trading Declaration
- Sanctions screening and confirmation of current employment.
If we’re happy with your pre-employment screening, one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists will prepare your employment contract and send you an offer letter, detailing everything you’ll need to know about your new role.
Even before you begin working with us, we want you to think of Standard Bank Group as your home. So, before you join, we'll get you off to a flying start with our onboarding experience.