Frequently asked questions
Applying for roles and my profile
Managing my application
- Identity and educational qualification verification
- Credit record and criminal record
- Outside Business Interest Declaration and Personnel Account Trading Declaration
- Sanctions screening and confirmation of employment.
- PES is mandatory for all external candidates.
Standard Bank strives to create a workplace environment where our people are treated equitably and experience a workplace that is inclusive. Our people are valued because of their differences, and we support an inclusive and collaborative working environment. Our talent acquisition approach fosters and sustains a workforce that reflects the demography of the communities we serve.
- Go to the apply tab then select my profile.
- If you are a first-time visitor select tell me more to create your SmartRecruiters profile.
- Complete the profile information or upload your LinkedIn or Indeed profile to create a SmartRecruiters profile.
- Once your profile has been completed and you have uploaded your supporting documents - you can apply for jobs or save jobs to view later.
- Your latest CV
- Your Identification Document (ID or passport)
- Your qualifications (degree, diploma, certificates)
- Membership certificates to any industry bodies (optional)
- Go to apply tab then select view all jobs.
- Search jobs by using the filters, then the jobs that meet your criteria will be displayed.
- Click on the job title to view the detailed job specifications, then select apply now to submit your application or save job to view the job later.
- The 1st time you click on apply now you will be prompted to create a profile, as described in point 1 above.
Please note: The saved jobs are kept for you to view and apply later, however if the job expires you will not be able to apply for it after the expiration date.
Yes, you can create a SmartRecruiters profile then when you find an opportunity you want to apply for, you can go to my profile and then sign-in.
No, a cover letter is not mandatory for your application, however, it is highly advised because it gives the Talent Acquisition Specialist and Hiring Manager a summary of who you are, your career journey and highlights.
The recruitment timelines vary based on the role and skills; however, you will know within four weeks of your interview if we will be extending an offer to you or not. Please contact your Standard Bank Talent Acquisition Specialist or external recruiter to get immediate feedback.
Use the 'Forgotten password' link on your SmartR profile.